Have you seen some of these lifestyle magazines where they interview a celebrity and then they ask them to show everything that’s in their purse! Some have a $500 wallet in their $1000 purse and you think- nope she is not like me, but others are normal and carry tissues and your like- YES! Thank you! Everyone has to wipe their nose!Anyway, I thought it would be fun to show you what’s in my purse!
Here it is! I’ll go clockwise-
* Essential Oils Bag– This holds all my oils I carry with me. My staples that I carry every day are Breathe Again, Deep Relief, R.C & Lemon Mix, Season Trio Blend, Summer Perfume, DiGize and Peppermint Mix, Lavender, Peppermint, Valor, and Lavender Lip Balm. Clearly, we see I have an oil hoarding problem.
* Outdoor Spray and Thieves Spray
* iPhone and earbuds (never know when someone will go live on faceook or when there will be a good podcast to listen to. Most of my driving in spent listening to educational and business podcast or videos)
* Handheld diffuser- this is SO GREAT for on the go. Right now it’s filled with Release Oil because stress is not good. Release oil is good, stress is not!
* Notebook and pens (I always like to carry a small notebook with me. I’d much rather have my notes written down then in my phone)
* Financial Peace wallet- has my check books
* Wallet with cash and cards
* Gift Cards- because we started Financial Peace University and that’s how we are going to make it!
On a normal day my purse would also be full of receipts and tissues, but I cleaned it out this morning before work! I think I may need to get rid a few more things in it, because it is heavy! I’m sure the pound of oils I carry has nothing to do with that! lol
A few weeks ago we had a family reunion and I figured Summer Corn Chowder would be perfect! I could put in on the stove when we left for church and it would be ready by the time I got home! I’ve shared my love for Mrs Terri’s Corn Chowder, but to me it’s a heavy soup. PERFECT for winter, but I wanted something on the lighter side.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and quickly went to work on how I could adapt it!
What you will need:
* 4 cans of whole kernel corn
* 3 can of diced potatoes (or a bag of Golden Round potatoes cut into quarters)
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic
* 3 Tbsp Earth Balance Vegan & Soy Free Buttery Spread
* 1/4 cup gluten free flour (I used almond flour, but once I’m off the elimination diet I’ll use gluten free all purpose flower)
* 2 drops of Thyme Essential Oil
* 1 Cup of Dairy Free Half and Half ( you can make your own by adding one part Almond Milk Creamer or Coconut Cream to one part Diary free milk)
* 5 cups of water
* 1Tbsp Honey
* 5 slices of gluten free/nitrate free bacon, cut into pieces
* 2-3 Tbsp chopped chives
What do to:
* Add Earth Balance Buttery Spread to pot and cook onions and bacon until they turn brown.
* Next add the garlic and let it brown.
* Add gluten free flour a little at a time. ( If the flour starts to clump you can start switching back and forth- adding a little water and adding a little flour)
* Add the 5 cups of water and bring to a boil.
* Add in all the other ingredients expect for the chopped chives
* Turn down and let simmer. ( The directions say simmer for 20 minutes. I put this on the stove on a Sunday Morning and let it simmer while we were at church. It was probably 2 hours and it turned out fine)
* Once it is done cooking, transfer 2 1/2 cups of chowder to a blender and blend until smooth
* Pour back into pot and stir together
* Serve with diary free cheese, chives, diary free sour cream or more bacon! Enjoy!